Saturday, October 31, 2009

Good News!


Good morning, everyone!

Last night James came home from work, woke me to let me know he was going to the hospital to sit with Nathan. It was about 1AM, and I was a bit nervous that something was wrong. James is good at protecting my heart~ but he assured me that he just felt he needed to go pray and talk with him. James spent sometime praying and talking with Nate. He said the nurses told him he was doing well. James also said he was still in a very deep coma, but they were going to allow his body to come out of it on its own, from here on out.
Since Nathans accident, I have been yearning for God to come and move in a way that is unexplainable. To literally sweep through Nathans room, and embrace his body. I truly believe He did, on Thursday night while James and I were praying over Nate. I know that this all may seem a bit nuts to some people, it is my prayer that through Nathans accident, people come to know God. I know God will draw people to him, even through tragedy~ I have seen it before. My prayer is that we come to a place where we see life in a new light. I pray we let walls fall down, and allow God to do extraordinary things. Things only He can do. Oh how my soul desires more of Him. I pray Nathan is able to come out of his coma, be restored and will one day say "the only way I am alive is because of God." No one knows what the future holds for Nathan, but I do believe when Nate recovers, God is going to do some big things with his life. That is my deepest prayer for all of us, especially now. What a story he has....I know he will one day be able to share it with people that may need hope in their lives. His life is already touching many people!

I have some very exciting news!

Nathan is still in very deep coma, but his medical team is not going to sedate him anymore. From here on out, they are going to allow Nathan to gradually come out of his coma. His CAT scans show that Nathan is doing well. He made it through another night, and for that we rejoice. His ICP levels are controlled, but please continue to pray the levels remain low. We are trusting God and giving Him the glory for working in ways only He can do.
It will take a weeks before Nathan will rise out of the coma, and he will remain in TICU for about 6-8 more weeks. He has a long journey ahead of him, but God is already doing miracles! The doctors are VERY encouraged of his progress and results of his CAT scans.
As long as they remain low, things will be a lot easier for his future. When we heard all of this positive news, it was like THANK YOU GOD! No matter what the news was, we knew God was in control. I will update you all this afternoon, after we speak with Bethany and the Neurologist examines Nathan. You guys, God is doing miracles in Nathans body! The only explanation for Nathans survival and current condition is GOD! No medical team is able to heal, but God is....and we pray He continues to place his healing hands on Nathans brain injury.

But He said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God." Luke 18:27


"And only you can see the good,In broken things You took my heart of stone And you made it home, And set this prisoner free
"

This is a song by Bethany Dillion (YouTube it, if you have time.) It is one of my most favorite songs that she has wrote. Almost like the lyrics she wrote, were for Nathan.


Who can hold the stars
And my weary heart?
Who can see everything?

I've fallen so hard
Sometimes I feel so far
But not beyond your reach

I could climb a mountain
Swim the ocean
Or do anything
But it's when you hold me
That I start unfolding
And all I can say is

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah

The same sun that
Rises over castles
And welcomes the day

Spills over buildings
Into the streets
Where orphans play

And only you can see the good
In broken things
You took my heart of stone
And you made it home
And set this prisoner free

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
Help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah

No comments:

Post a Comment