Friday, October 30, 2009

Breathing room for my soul....Day Five


Good morning everyone.

Nathan is stable, and is doing about the same. I will have more information after the Doctors do their rounds and examine Nathan this morning.

Bethany said this, early this morning:
"My heart is smiling because God has once again been merciful and has not take my son home. " Her faith is steady and I hope it encourages all of us, not to lose hope."


We know that Nathans journey ahead, is going to be a long one. The neurosurgeon said it best, "This is a marathon, not a sprint." The initial shock of what has occurred, is dimming as the days progress. I want us all to stick in this fight with Nathan, even if it takes months and months. Nothing about brain injuries, are "quick to heal" As I have been reading and investigating, the process is slow. If God allows Nathan to live through this accident, he has a very long road ahead of him. The doctors tell us that he will need a strong support system. My prayer for Nathan is that He will see life in a new light. We plead for healing, but know God may have other plans for Nathan. God hears our prayers, I am confident He knows each of our desires. I am also confident that sometimes (a lot of times in my life) He chooses to allow things to happen, that I dont understand. things do not always have to make sense to us, all we are called to do, it trust and obey. Faith is walking with our eyes closed. We are definitely walking with our eyes closed. Continue waiting, praying and asking for Gods will to be done~ no matter what the future brings.

I was reading this morning, and it really spoke to me. I shared it with James and we were just SO encouraged. I hope you are encouraged as well, no matter what you are going through.
This is from Davids writings...

Psalm 62:1-2 (the message)
God, the one and only— I'll wait as long as he says.
Everything I need comes from him,
so why not?
He's solid rock under my feet,
breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
I'm set for life.

Nathan is still fighting and so are we.


No comments:

Post a Comment