Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday, November 7th

Today was not the best day for Nathan. The doctors initially wanted to ween Nathan off of Life-support, but it is too soon. We are continuing to pray over Nathan and are VERY hopeful for his future. The doctors continue to be optimistic with their predictions of Nathans recovery process. They had to sedate Nate more today, after trying to remove his breathing tubes. The neurosurgeon reiterated to us that Nathans recovery and future, is going to take time. He needs a STRONG support team, and that is where our earnest prayers come in. God says that anytime two or more are gathered, there is He also. I believe that with my soul~James and I felt the presence of God with us when we were praying out loud, with Nathan. I wish I could explain to you all the way God appears when we pray. I am sure many of you know exactly what I am talking about. God is still in the miracle making business, silly as that sounds...Its true. We are experiencing it through our friends precious life.
God is chasing after Nathan, just as He chases each of our lives. HE IS ABLE!

Everyday when I get to go visit Nathan, God speaks to me. In the silence of just sitting, watching my 'brother' breath, God whispers "be still, and know I AM God." Psalm 46:10 Every time we weep after watching him struggle, I am reminded that God is our strength. Nathan is a fighter, and God is in total control. We just need to PRAY and SEEK Gods face, as we wait.

Be still....and KNOW...I AM, GOD! What a promise. What an incredible promise! Please continue to pray for Nathans injuries and future. He is alive, and for that, we are REJOICING! Thank you God. We love our friend, and will fight with him until the end.

Exodus 14:14 (New Living Translation)
The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”


This verse stood out to me. JUST STAY CALM! He is fighting this for Nathan. We are to rest, be still, let go, and allow God to be...GOD.

Nate, we love you. you are doing so well. We know your future holds great things, we will be here for you every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment