Thursday, November 5, 2009

An evening with Nate


Good Morning everyone!

James and I were able to go and stay with Nathan, late last night. He had just settled down, from struggling with his nurse. Most likely, Nathan does not know what is going on. You can imagine what he may be going through; waking up having tubes taped to your face, mouth, nose, wrists. He is strapped down (his wrists are tied down to the bed) because when patients wake up, they usually want to rip the tubes out of themselves. He most likely will have no idea where he is or what has happened to him. When we went into the room with Nate, he looked really peaceful. He is still on life support, but they are continually weening him off of it. I will tell you all that the nurse last night was very optimistic about Nathans future. We are unable to know the full extent of Nathans brain injury/damage until he is completely out of his coma. Again, this is a marathon not a sprint. The rehabilitation will be a lengthy journey for Nate, but we are praying that his injuries are minimal. God knows Nathans future, and as James and I were praying over him last night, I felt such peace. I came back and told Bethany last night, that I just feel God is going to do something incredible with Nathans story. James and I hate seeing our friend hurt and struggle, but as we told Nathan, we are not going anywhere. We know this is going to be a very long journey, but we are in it for as long as it takes.
Please pray that Nathan is able to get into Craig Hospital. Craig Hospital is one of the best, if not the best rehabilitation centers for brain and spinal injury patients, in America. James and I spoke to Tiffany (a nurse at Craig) last night, and she was able to give us some really good information. Please pray for God to open an opportunity for Nathan to one day enter Craig hospital. It is not an easy task and we are really praying he will be accepted to ONE DAY, when he is healed enough to enter Craig.

Also, please continue to lift up Bethany. Nathan is her only child, and she has no family here in Colorado. She has a strong group of friends, and support groups. As you can imagine it is very difficult for Bethany to leave Nathan and get good rest at night. Sleep is VERY important right now, she desperately needs to rest.

I will update you all after our visit later today. Trusting and hoping for Gods hand to continue to heal, restore and prepare Nathan for what is to come.


I was reading this verse this morning, and wanted to encourage you all with it. Please pray for Nathan as he wakes (this can take up to another week or so) to understand that he is going to be ok and is in a safe place. He seemed very scared yesterday afternoon, which is totally normal. But, as you can imagine, it is difficult to watch. God is in TOTAL control and we are trusting His perfect plan. He is faithful, and His mercies are new every morning! Thank you, God!

Micah 7:7&8
"As for me, I look to the Lord for His help. I wait CONFIDENTLY for God to save me, and My God WILL certainly hear me. Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord Himself will be my light."

No comments:

Post a Comment